This is the second largest fundraiser for RCS. The funds raised from selling these apple pies are used to help offset the cost of Christian Education at RCS. Through the generous donations of local businesses and RCS supporters, we are able to sell these delicious pies at a reasonable price and still raise a good deal of money for RCS.
You can purchase pies by ordering through a school family or call the office to place your order.
Schedule for 2021
September 3--Sales open for 2021
Tues, Oct 19--Prepare gym for pie making
Wed, Oct 20 Noon-9:00 PM--Making pies
Thurs, Oct 21, 8:00 AM- 9:00 PM--Making pies
Fri, Oct 22 Gym cleanup
Sat, Oct 23--Pick up pies from Freezer Trailer at RCS
Making these pies is a lot of work. When we all work together, the job gets done quickly and we have some fun in the process! Thank you to all our volunteers! Check out a few of them in action in this video.
How does this fundraiser work?
- Pies can be ordered starting in early September through mid October. The pies are sold for $13.00 each. Payment is due at time of delivery/pick-up.
- RCS families sell the majority of the pies. The family gets to apply a portion of each sale toward their tuition. Plus there are prizes for the top 3 families!
- We encourage you to place your order with an RCS family. However, you can also order online or call the school office.
- RCS families and RCS supporters assemble the pies on a Wednesday through Friday in late October. We always welcome more help, so feel free to stop in and help with the assembly!
- The pies are immediately frozen after assembly.
- Delivery/Pick-up takes place on the Saturday after the pies are assembled. If you ordered from an RCS family, that family will deliver the pies. If you ordered online or at the office, you will need to pick-up your pies at RCS. Pick-up is from 9am - noon on Saturday.
- You bake the pie and enjoy!
The past two years we have made over 4,500 pies each year. We sell most of the pies by the end of October, but often have some left over. If there are additional pies left, they can be purchased at RCS and Simply Thrift.